We are looking for a Communications Director to join our core team. We are in an exciting stage of growth as an organisation, one that will reward initiative and a growth mindset with opportunities for fast career development.
We are looking for a talented communicator who thrives off translating the scientific evidence-base for drug policy reform into engaging and accessible content, finding ways to increase reach and distribution of this content through online and offline channels such as our podcast, newsletters and events, as well as developing relationships with diverse sets of internal and external stakeholders – scientists, academics, health care professionals, policy makers, patients and supporters.
You will also become a key point of contact for all health care professionals in our network, as well as working hard to expand this community. In doing so you will play a key role in the groundbreaking medical cannabis initiative, Project Twenty21 – a national pilot to provide medical cannabis to patients where alternative treatment has failed, working to build the largest real world data (RWD) registry to document efficacy, safety, QALY and patient reported outcomes for medical cannabis.
In joining our core team, you will work alongside our incredible Committee, world experts in drug research and policy, and help build our community. You will join a dedicated community of academics, clinicians, practitioners, individuals with lived experience and members of the general public working together towards our vision – to see a world where drug policy is rational and evidence based; where drug use is better informed and drug users are understood; where drugs are used to heal not harm.
Drug Science and our Committee members are currently leading revolutionary developments in medicinal cannabis and psychedelic therapy in the UK, as well as representing some of the most internationally respected voices in these and related fields. If you are as excited about this as we are, we want to meet you.
- Develop, test and refine our marketing, growth and communication strategies
- Manage production, distribution and promotion of content, images and videos and podcasts across newsletters, blogs and social media
- Manage communications and advertising budgets
- Monitor and analyse relevant data ensuring efficiency and efficacy across marketing spend
- Lead communications with our community and partners with an aim to engagement and growth
- Build rewarding, long term relationships with community members, supporters, industry partners and journalists
- Help organize and run events alongside the CEO and our founder Professor David Nutt
- Monitor the work of our Committee members, highlight the breakthrough work that they are doing
- Ensure website remains up to date, helping coordinate updates, designs and new feature development as necessary
- Ensure brand consistency across all our communications platforms and channels
- Regular reporting to CEO, committee and board on performance across marketing and communications activites
- Five or more years experience in a marketing / communications / customer relationship management role
- Experience in offline and digital content community management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels including social media platforms, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, WordPress and Salesforce
- Ability to multitask, a strong bias towards initiative and self-management and a growth mindset
- Demonstrable experience translating scientific research into engaging public facing content
- Understanding of the drug policy reform environment / knowledge of policy making processes
- Many of our team and committee are motivated to work for Drug Science based on powerful personal connection with our cause. Although this is by no means a requirement, personal connection with our mission is respected deeply and valued highly
- Based out of our office in Reading, but flexible for remote working for the right candidate.
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com.